- Survey, research and dissemination of standards related to powder industry.
- Supervising APPIE standards and proposing new standards.
- Deliberating drafts of new standards proposed by other committees and technical groups. Reporting the result of deliberation to the APPIE Board.
- Recommendation of candidates of awards which government institutions and other organizations give.
Action plans in 2016
- Promotion and support for domestic and international standardization:
Making JIS drafts related to powder industry and engineering. Corresponding to new issuance and revision of ISO, JIS will be re-examined. Corresponding to two new ISO (terminology of particle characterization and optical measurement of zeta potential), JIS drafts will be made in 2015. The number of JIS which the committee will revise in 2015 is 7.
- Making drafts and re-examination of APPIE standard.
- Distribution and PR of achievement of standardization activities. New Standards are introduced in APPIE magazine “Funtai Gijutsu”.
- Understanding of standardization trend of powder industry and engineering in Japan. Attention is turned to the movement of ISO/IEC. Committee members are sent to the work of standardization for getting information to share.
Committee for particle characterization
Following the previous year, the sub-committee is to make drafts concerning ISO/TC 24/SC 4.
- The committee will send delegates to the following international conferences of ISO/TC 24/SC 4. The delegates will participate in the work of making international standards.
- The 48 Int. Conference at Paris, June 11 to 12, 2015
- The 49 Int. Conference at Osaka, October 13 to 14, 2015
- Each WG deliberates regular revision and examination of ISO, and votes.
- The committee is to make drafts and new proposals regarding the cases which the sub-committee focuses, such as laser diffraction method, sedimentation method, standard materials of particles, measurement of gas-phase.
- The committee supports, Mr. Endo, who is in charge of affairs of SC international management for three years from January in 2015.
- As the host of the 49th Conference which will be held during POWTEX OSAKA 2015, the sub-committee will make preparations for smooth procedure of the conference.
Committee for sieve and sieving
revise JIS Z 8807-1
Committee for dust collection technology
- ISO 16891: The committee is to make the draft of FDIS and vote. The sub-committee is to conduct a study of the treatment of JIS Z 8909-2, 3 and JIS Z 8910, and to consider making ISO 16891 an item of JIS.
- ISO 16313: Regarding Part 1, the sub-committee is to express opinions for the improvement. Regarding Part 2, the sub-committee is to get the position of project leader and make the draft of Part 2.