The Technical Group of Fine Powder Nano-Technology started as a project type technical group. Owing to the nanotechnology boom, this group is now acting as a permanent technical group dealing with fundamental technology. We are collecting the technical trend and industrial information about synthesis, application and risk management of nanoparticles. We plan to distribute such information to members with an emphasis of industrial application.
Current level of technology, trend and activities in future
Interfacial properties of nanoparticle and nano-capsule are utilized in the fields of material, medicine, chemical process and others. In these fields, technologies aiming at practical use of electronic parts, heat-resistant parts, toner, drugs etc. are steadily advancing. Cost reduction, reliability and safety become deep problems under these circumstances. Importance of basic technology is increasing in powder process where the technology of dispersion, array and structure design specializes in nano-materials. Now we are facing problems such as safety control of nanoparticles and nanomaterials, prevention of exposure, yield improvement for cost reduction and simplification of refining process. From the view of promotion of productivity, technological innovation corresponding to nano is demanded in existing unit operations such as separation, purification, dust collection, filtration etc. On the other hand, new products related to nanoparticles and nanomaterials are commercialized in various fields which are not necessarily regarded as the field of powder. It is necessary for this group to collect information from many other areas. As nano-related products increase, cases where measures are taken to cope with safety problem are seen mainly in Europe. This group plans to conduct cross sectional cooperation with other technical groups. The group will contribute to our members through collecting and providing information concerning the following items.
- Processing and mass production system of low-cost and high quality products
- Powder processing technologies (dispersion-agglomeration, dust collection, filtration, mixing, drying, forming etc.) and device technology which contribute to promotion of utilization of nanoparticles and nanomaterials.
- Processing technology preventing exposure of nanoparticles to human bodies and emission to environment. These problems occur in the material cycle from production and utilizing to discard and recycle.
- Information on how Europe and other countries cope with the safety problem of nanomaterials.
- Information on examples of applications of nano-level technology in various areas and dissemination of such information
|Coordinator||Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Institute of Engineering||KAMIYA/Hidehiro|
|Vice Coordinator||Kyoto University,Department of Chemical Engineering
|YOKOHAMA National University||IIJIMA/Motoyuki|
|Representative Organizer||KURIMOTO, LTD.||FUKUI/Takehisa|
|Vice Representative Organizer||MALVERN INSTRUMENTS
A DIVISION OF SPECTRIS CO,LTD
|HOSOKAWA MICRON CORPORATION||SASAI/Aiko|
|LION SPECIALITY CHEMICALS CO., LTD.||NIKAIDO/Masanori|
|NISSHIN SEIFUN GROUP INC.||NAKAMURA/Keitaro|
|NORITAKE CO., LIMITED||NAGAI/Atsushi|
|SOKEN CHEMICAL & ENGINEERING CO., LTD.||YAMAMOTO/Satoru|