The technical group of fine powder nano-technology started as a project type technical group. It was changed to a fundamental powder technical group by a nanotechnology boom. In the group action, we are collecting the technical trend and industrial information about synthesis, application and risk management of many nanoparticles, and distributing those trends and information for members.
Current level of technology, trend and activities in future
Basic technology of nanoparticle processing such as manufacturing, dispersion, array and material design are steadily advancing. Commercialization is going on in the field of material, medicine, chemical process and others. Products making use of nano materials become commoditized in electronic parts, heat-resistant parts, toner, drugs etc. Technological innovation corresponding to the concept of nano is demanded in existing unit operations such as separation, purification, dust collection, filtration etc. The problems that we face now concerning nanoparticles are safety control of nanoparticles and nanomaterials, prevention of exposure and yield improvement by promotion of productivity. New products related to nanoparticles and nanomaterials are commercialized in various fields which are not necessarily regarded as the field of powder. It is necessary for this group to collect information from many other areas. Safety problems occur in some cases, particularly in Europe, with increasing nano-related products. This group plans to conduct cross sectional cooperation with other technical groups. The group will contribute to our members through collecting and providing information concerning the following items.
- Processing and mass production system of low-cost and high quality products
- Powder processing technologies (dispersion-agglomeration, dust collection, filtration, mixing, drying, forming etc.) and device technology which contribute to promotion of utilization of nanoparticles and nanomaterials.
- Processing technology considering prevention exposure of nanoparticles to human bodies and emission to environment. These problems occur in the material cycle from production and utilizing to discard and recycle.
- Information on how Europe and other countries cope with the safety problem of nanomaterials.
- Information on examples of applications of nano-level technology in various areas and dissemination of such information
|Coordinator||Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Institute of Engineering||KAMIYA/Hidehiro|
|Vice Coordinator||Kyoto University,Department of Chemical Engineering
|Representative Organizer||KURIMOTO, LTD.||FUKUI/Takehisa|
|Vice Representative Organizer||MALVERN INSTRUMENTS
A DIVISION OF SPECTRIS CO,LTD
|NISSHIN SEIFUN GROUP INC.||NAKAMURA/Keitarou|
|HOSOKAWA MICRON CORPORATION||WATANABE/Yoshiyuki|
|LION SPECIALITY CHEMICALS CO., LTD.||NIKAIDO/Masanori|
|NORITAKE CO., LIMITED||SAGO/Sumihito|
|SOKEN CHEMICAL & ENGINEERING CO., LTD.||YAMAGISHI/Masayuki|