The main subject of the Technical Group of Food Process is “safety and security” that is the basic principle of food production. This group collects the latest technical information about following topics:
- Unit operation and cooking for the production of safe food
- Management to improve food reliability
- New production technologies corresponding to the consumers’ needs
- Systems for high-mix low-volume production.
The information obtained from the group activity is offered in easy-to-understand manner to the members.
Current level of technology, trend and activities in future
- Food Process technical group is actively collecting information about the latest technologies for the special courses scheduled for March 2020. Examples of the manufacturing technologies associated with the unit operations are as follows:
Mixing, granulation and coating: production of powders with high quality, coating of fine powders, prevention of contamination, and production facilities easy to clean up (structure and materials).
- Powder handling: continuous and batch production in response to high-mix low- volume manufacturing, low-volume continuous manufacturing, efficiency improvement (pneumatic conveying and cyclone), and control of static electricity.
- Comminution, classification, dust collection and measurement: control of particle size, classification taking into account materials properties (cohesiveness, electrification and poor dispersibility, etc.), optimization of operating condition of bug filter, simultaneous measurement for multiple physical properties, 3 dimensional measurement of particles, on-line and in-line sensors, and detection and screening of foreign materials.
- Production environment, resources and microbial management: management of clean room, sanitary control of manufacturing facilities and sites, insect deterrent, dust control, deodorization, food defense system, reduction of waste and recycling, reduction of food loss, handling of microorganisms using powder technology.
- Promising new manufacturing technologies: creation of hybrid technologies that combine existing technologies and cutting-edge technologies, 3-D food printer and development of its raw materials, and construction of an advanced circulation system of gas (environmental gas) and liquid (waste water) which is removal of unwanted materials and supply of necessary things in a plant factory and a fully closed culture fishery.
Graduate School of Biosphere Science,
Department of Biofunctional Science and Technology
|Vice Coordinator||Tokyo University||SOTOME/Itaru|
|Representative Organizer||NISSHIN SEIFUN GROUP INC.||NOMURA/Mitsuo|
|Vice Representative Organizer||NISHIMURA MACHINE WORKS CO., LTD.||NISHIMURA/Motoki|
|Organizer||AJINOMOTO CO., INC.||KOBAYASHI/Naoto|
|NIPPON FLOUR MILLS CO.,LTD.||YASUDA/Takemasa|
|SEISHIN ENTERPRISE CO.,LTD.||TAKAHASHI/Koji|
|Emeritus Organizer||The Association of Powder Process Industry and Engineering, JAPAN||YAMADA/Yukiyoshi|