The main theme of technical group of food process technology is “safety and security” that is the basic of food production. In the group, the latest technologies about following topics are collected:
1) Unit operation technologies and cooking technologies for safe food production
2) Management technologies to improve reliability of food
3) New production technologies corresponding to the consumers’ needs
4) Production systems for limited production of diversified products
The information obtained from the group activity is offered in detail to the members.
Current level of technology, trend and activities in future
- Japanese consumers of foods are extremely sensitive to foreign object contamination, such as a hair and an insect, in the products. The hair and the insect consist of biological tissues, so it is difficult to detect them as the foreign object. Therefore, development of new detection technique for the biological foreign object and improvement of detection sensitivity of existing detection devices is required.
- Cases of norovirus gastroenteritis are reported every year. Food-processing factory of raw edible oyster have paid enormous cost for the removal of the virus, but its complete elimination has not been reached. A low-cost separation membrane enabling mechanical separation of the virus is expected to be developed.
- About molecular level contamination such as protein, detection of allergen and prevention of allergen contamination have become an important theme in food industries. Especially for detecting food allergen, availability of low-cost test kits of immunochromatographic and control technology of allergen-containing dust are necessary.
- Food industries need to understand cultures in various countries and to coexist with all cultures. It is important to gain understanding about taboo food (for example, non-Halal food) based on individual culture. Construction of the quality control system to produce food trusted by consumers of every culture is necessary in the future.
Graduate School of Biosphere Science,
Department of Biofunctional Science and Technology
|Vice Coordinator||National Agriculture and Food Research Organization||SOTOME/Itaru|
|Representative Organizer||INITIO FOODS INC.||CHIBA/Hitoshi|
|Vice Representative Organizer||TAKENAKA CORPORATION||KAWASHIMA/Tetsufumi|
|Organizer||AJINOMOTO CO., INC.||WAKUDA/Jyunya|
|NIPPON FLOUR MILLS CO.,LTD.||NAGATOMI/Katsuhiko|
|NISSHIN SEIFUN GROUP INC.||YAMADA/Yukiyoshi|
|NISHIMURA MACHINE WORKS CO., LTD.||NISHIMURA/Motoki|
|Emeritus Coordinator||Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology||TAKAI/Rikuo|