The Technical Group of Particulate Modification started in 1985 to contribute mainly to the pharmaceutical field. Japanese particulate modification technology is at the top level in the world, particularly in processing and industrialization of nanoparticles. The following technologies are expected to be developed from this time.
- Particulate modification focused on macroscopic environment of particle surface and surface boundary
- Particulate modification controlling mutual interaction between particles
- Particulate modification and equipment development aiming at energy saving and higher efficiency
- Development of non-contact sensor and system sensing particle behavior and properties inside equipment
In addition, the group will study orally disintegrating tablets and product discrimination which are drawing great attention in the medical field today.
Current level of technology, trend and activities in future
1.Attained level: Particulate modification technology in Japan is at the world top-level, particularly in processing and particle design. Recently, continuous process operations attract attention in the field of particulate modification, and development of measuring equipment and production machinery is required for such operations.
2.Trend:Development of design and particulate modification based on the user’s side is required. There are several demands such as saving energy, rationalization, modification with high efficiency, modification equipment, comprehensive development of additive agent of medicine. This group aims at technology upgrade based on the following three points; (1) practical use of continuous production process of medicine, (2) integrated production system corresponding to the use of robot, (3) non-invasive, intelligent sensors and monitors which make it possible to observe and measure particle motion inside the processing equipment.
- Planning and implementing cultivation of human resource
- Collecting overseas information and building strategy through globalization of activities of factory visit and lecture meeting
- Contributing to APPIE by presenting the group booth and planning a mini symposium in POWTEX hosted by APPIE.
- Planning meetings and symposiums of particulate modification, the intent and purpose of which is to assist APPIE members aiming for globalization in various countries, mainly Asia.
This group will collaborate with other technical groups of APPIE, and promote international exchange with practical benefits and participation in overseas exhibitions.
|Coordinator||Gifu Pharmaceutical University,
Department of Drug Delivery Technology & Science,
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Engineering
|Vice Coordinator||Meijo University||IWAMOTO/Kiyoshi|
|Representative Organizer||DALTON CORPORATION||ASAI/Naochika|
|Vice Representative Organizer||SHIN-ETSU CHEMICAL CO., LTD.||ITO/Yuichi|
|Organizer||ASAHI KASEI CHEMICALS CORPORATION||SAITO/Toru|
|HOSOKAWA MICRON CORPORATION||YOKOYAMA/Hiroshi|
|NARA MACHINERY CO., LTD.||TANABE/Bunmei|
|TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY, LTD.||SATO/Yoshinobu|
|TSUMURA & CO.||YOSHIMURA/Tomonari|
|OHKAWARA KAKOHKI CO., LTD.||OKAWARA/Masaaki|
|OHKAWARA KAKOHKI CO., LTD.||OKAWARA/Tomonao|
|SHIONOGI & CO., LTD.||TOYODA/Toshitada|
|SPERA PHARMA, INC.||FUKUTA/Makoto|